Welcome to the Village of Lakeview
Montcalm County, Michigan
Spring Leaf Pick-Up Update
The Lakeview Village Council discussed spring leaf pick-up during its April council meeting and revised how the service will be provided this spring.
- DPW will be using the leaf vac to pick up leaves that are raked to the curb.
- Bagged leaf pick-up will continue as originally planned. Residents may choose to either bag their leaves or rake them to the curb. Leaves must be placed in brown paper bags.
- Bagged leaf and leaf vacuuming shall take place on the following Mondays. Residents must have their leaves either placed in brown paper bags at the curb, or raked to the curb by 7:00 AM according to the schedule below.
- April 15th
- April 29th
- May 13th
- May 28th – final day for leaf pick-up, both bags and vacuuming.
- After May 28th a location at Lakeview Airport will be available for residents to drop off their leaves and waste.
Municipal Water System PFAS Information
The State of Michigan performed testing of Wells #3 & #4 on July 9, 2018. The water testing is related to the State of Michigan effort to test for PFAS/PFOS contamination throughout water systems in Michigan. Test results determined the Village has a non-detect for PFAS, PFOA, PFBS and related chemicals the State tested for. The Village has made the letter and sample results available at the links below. For more information regarding PFAS, please visit www.michigan.gov/pfasresponse/.
Take a look at the Village Historic Downtown page to see long-ago photos of Lakeview and learn more about our community's history.
Dispose of Expired or Unwanted Prescription Drugs
The Village of Lakeview provides a Safe Prescription Drug Drop-Off program for our community. Residents can drop off unused or expired prescriptions into a secure box at the Village Offices located at 315 S. Lincoln Ave.
The Lakeview Police Department will collect the contents and prepare them for disposal that is eco-friendly and in accordance with federal and State Laws. If you have any additional questions please contact our Lakeview Police Department at 989-352-6211.
2019 Brush Pick-Up Schedule
The Village of Lakeview will begin brush pick up starting April 1, 2019. Brush will be picked up the first full week of each month. Brush must be curbside by 7:00 A.M. Monday of the week brush is scheduled to be picked up.
All limbs/branches must be no larger than 6 inches in diameter, no longer than 6 feet, and all must be stacked neatly with tree butts facing the road. Failure to comply with these guidelines will result in the property owner being responsible for removing the brush.
This program is not intended as cleanup from a contractor but from brush that is a result of tree trimming or from a storm or act of nature.
Brush Pick-Up Schedule:
If you have any questions, please call Village Hall at 989-352-6322.
Quickly Find What You Need.
Looking for information from the Village of Lakeview?
This website is designed to help you quickly find what you need.
1) Check the Menu Tabs at the Top of Each Page. All of our website pages appear under these tabs. We've organized them by use and topic.
2) Check the Quick Links Column. These links connect you instantly to some of our most often-used website pages.
3) Check the "How Do I...?" Page. We've prepared some common Question/Answer scenarios to guide you.
4) Use the "Search Our Website" Page. Our search engine looks through every page, article, document and link posted on our website to find exactly what you are looking for.
And of course, you can telephone Village offices anytime during business hours at (989) 352-6322. Our staff is happy to help you with any question or concern.
Need a Ride?
LIBERTY LINE provides rides!
Liberty Line is a non profit Christian ministry providing a ride service to any person, IN THE CENTRAL MONTCALM OR LAKEVIEW COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT AREAS, either physically or financially unable to drive. Donations are requested but fees are not charged. Rides are not guaranteed but every effort will be made to find you a ride. Requests must be made 72 hours in advance. Please call between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. Monday-Friday to speak to the dispatcher. 989-352-0033
How May We Help?
Village of Lakeview
315 Lincoln Avenue
Lakeview, Michigan 48850
Phone (989) 352-6322
Fax (989) 352-6378
Emergency: Phone 911